As you may know, the IRS, states and localities issue updated publications regarding tax withholding, levy calculations, due dates, penalties and so much more. To make sure you are prepared for 2019, here are a few publications that are available for use on the IRS website:
1. 2019 Publication 15, often known as the Circular E, which provides the Social Security wage limits, percentages, the tax withholding tables and the supplemental tax rates
2. Publication 15-A Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide, which is a supplement to Publication 15
3. Publication 15-B Employer’s Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits which gives direction on employer provided benefits, their taxability and how to calculate them
4. Publication 509 Tax Calendars for 2019, a very handy and useful publication to keep you on target with tax deposit and filing deadlines
5. Publication 1494 Tables for Figuring Amount Exempt from Levy of Wages, Salary and Other Income, used to collect delinquent income taxes due by employees
Research the states and localities where employees are paid to obtain similar publications.