Whether you believe it or not, it’s the middle of October and that can only mean that November is right around the corner! November marks the start of the busiest time of the year for the payroll and HR folks, so don’t procrastinate and begin preparing for year end now. Below is a check list of tasks you can start scheduling to get ahead of the busy months to come.
Have you made plans to -
- Remind employees to update W2 name/address information?
- Schedule special year-end reports, including tax reports, earnings reports, benefit reports and deduction reports?
- Download Social Security’s AccuWage W2 submission test software?
- Meet with IT staff to schedule
- Meet with HR/Benefits Administration to review year end adjustments?
- Order W2 forms?
These are just some of the things you will want to do in November, so use the last half of October is the time to make plans.