Employers must provide their Massachusetts employees written notice describing the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave program by May 31, 2019.
The notice can be provided on paper or electronically, but it must include the following:
- A description of the program’s benefits
- Employer’s and Employee’s contributions
- Employer’s name, address, and PFL plan ID number
- Instructions explaining how employees can claim benefits
- MA Department of Family and Medical Leave contact information
- Means for the employee to acknowledge receipt of the notice, on paper or electronically
This notice must be provided to existing employees by May 31, and should be provided to new hires within 30 days of the start of employment.
The notice must be written in the employee’s primary language.
A sample notice is available at the department’s website at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/informing-your-workforce-about-paid-family-and-medical-leave, as well as samples in several languages.
Employer and employee contributions to Massachusetts Paid Family Leave programs begin July 1, 2019.