If you pay employees in Iowa or Oklahoma, both of these states will require that you submit W-2s for tax year 2016.
- Employers with 50+ employees must submit electronic files to the Iowa Department of Revenue by January 31, 2017.
- Employers with fewer than 50 employees may also file Forms W2 for 2016.
- New Iowa regulations stipulate that employers filing at least 50 Forms 1099 for tax year 2016 may be filed with Iowa DOR.
- Employers must submit Form W2 information for tax year 2016 by February 28, 2017 to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (this may be accomplished by using the Oklahoma Taxpayer Access Point to upload files or manually entering the information.)
- Wage detail will follow the same electronic submission and file layout requirements as defined by the IRS.
Check out: https://oktap.tax.ok.gov/oktap/Web/_/) for more information.