Are you familiar with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website? How many hours do you as a Payroll or Human Resource Professional spend searching for the information you need. Researching Federal, State and Local government agencies websites to locate what you need to do your job accurately can be long and tedious. Some sites are almost impossible to find what you need and a simple Google search for example can be faster.
The IRS has beat them all to the punch and created a Web page geared specifically to Payroll Professionals. I was so excited when I heard about this I needed to share this with all of you who are responsible for compliance within your company.
To list a few items that can be found on this new IRS Web Page, see the list below:
- Employment tax forms and publications
- How to correct employment taxes
- Electronic reporting options for Forms 940, 941, 944
- Backup withholding & “B” notice process
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
- Worker Classification
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) provisions
- COBRA Subsidy information
- Making Work Pay Tax Credit
- And More
To see yourself how much information can be located in one place check out this link.
Sherry Dwyer, CPP